Archive for August, 2009
I found this article today, and thought it was great advice for anyone in a relationship.
Tips to Reviving Your Relationship
- Meet once a week to look at your schedules and set aside time for each other.
- At least once a week, plan a date night. Once a month, plan a date day (that’s right, a whole day from morning to evening). Once each quarter, plan a weekend get-away. Once each year, plan a week away together.
- Mark your planned time in your calendar, just like a dentist appointment or an appointment with a client. Write it in ink! Mark yourself out for a block of time.
- Take turns planning your dates each week.
- Do the grocery shopping and buy a bouquet of flowers for your partner.
- Write a love note and leave it for your partner to find.
- Take a break from watching TV and doing laundry or other chores. Go to bed early and share massages, talk, or cuddle.
- Turn off the TV, turn on the stereo and have a talk.
- Kiss your mate Good Morning and Good Night every day. Just say, “I love you.”
Last weekend Jason and I got married in Vegas, and it was amazing! We planned the weekend with our closest family and friends, and then had our ceremony at the top of the Stratosphere at sunset. It was truly gorgeous. In true Vegas style, we slept little, partied a lot, and walked A TON. My feet still hurt. 😉
I blog when I have a lot on my mind. OR, maybe not a lot on my mind so much as one thing driving me nuts. So good news, I’ve had nothing to report on in the last few weeks! =)
Well, nothing I can tell the world about without getting in trouble, anyways….
On a happy note, I’m getting married in 12 days and I cannot wait!! Captain Awesome amazes me every single day. There’s not a person in the world that can be a better friend, lover, partner, and just all-around amazing person. He makes me so happy! We truly do have that FOREVER kind of love.